I believe that top notch communication skills are THE most important set of skills that any leader, at any level needs to possess and consistently hone. This includes verbal, written and virtual communication, across multiple mediums.
I recently pulled together 10 of the better leadership communication articles from the first half of 2016. Please add any that I may have missed to the comments section. I hope that you find them helpful and thought provoking.
- Communication is the glue by Tim McMahon, A Lean Journey blog
- 5 tips for improving leadership communication by Brent Gleeson, Forbes.com
- Communication, the most important key to leadership success by Steve Hashem, Thayer Leader Development
- 4 do’s and don’ts of speaking to senior executives by Annet Grant, BizJournals
- Making changes? Communicate first by Chad Brook
- Employee communications & digital integrations, By Daniel Hebert, PostBeyonds
- Millennials are shaking up workplace communication, By Sarah White, CIO.com
- 4 ways to make workplace email a thing of the past, By Heather Human, Entrepreneur.com
- 10 smart questions that challenge the drift toward irrelevance, By Dan Rockwell, Leadership Freak Blog
- How words affect your work, By Dianne Booher, Booher Research